Markco over at Just My Two Copper has a monthly Blogging Carnival, where bunch of bloggers chime in on the monthly topic. I missed last months Blogging Carnival due to the fact I was in the hospital.
Though I am nowhere near gold cap, I am definitely not starving for gold…actually I’m riding around on my chopper, tossing gold out like it’s going away in Cataclysm, but more keeps coming in every day. When I got in the Gold game, and started using the Auction House, a big influence was Markco, and a lot of people like them who gave tips on how to make gold, and if it wasn’t for him, I’d probably still be scrounging around for copper in front of Orgrimmar bank. I hope someone learns from my mistakes so I can give back a little to the community that has given me so much….
What Mistakes Have You Learned From While Playing the AH!
1. Trying to buy a market - Say I was selling Gold Ore, and there were a few others selling Gold Ore for lower price, I would try to buy the market by buying up everyone else’s Gold Ore, then selling mine for more. – That Never….Ever Worked for Me and it took me a couple of times to learn that harsh lesson, not to mention a couple of hundreds of gold.
2. Not knowing the market - I wouldn’t analyze the market and see where the demand was. One time I made a whole bunch of enchants thinking, hey everyone needs this enchant. Well turns out people were using another enchant more, and the enchant I had tons of kind of just sat there.
3. Trying to go for the big score, instead of a bunch of little scores - Once in a while I would see Epic Crafted Items go for high amounts, and think that would be a nice haul, so I would spend 1 to 1.5k gold to try to make 2k gold, and when I did make it it would take forever. When I could have made 500x that much if I spent it on the materials for the enchants that were/are making me a killing and with less the hassle of posting it and reposting the item.
4. Trying to sell Epic Crafted Items let’s say like Bracers close to an Expansion - It’s very hard to sell something for a lot of gold when people know it’s going to be worthless in a month or so. I know people are gearing their alts, it’s just seems a lot harder to sell those items. This could be server dependent though.
5. Not using Auctioneer to its full potential - I really didn’t put all the time in I should have to making the addon auctioneer really work for me. There is so much it could do I barely scratched the surface. Such as resale, appraiser..etc..
6. Not looking forward to the future - I looked many times on the Auction house after a major patch and expansion and kick myself for not holding on and stashing some resource or another that I was practically giving away before, or even deleted in the past. I remember in Vanilla deleting Enchant materials by the tons before getting into the gold game.
Don’t make the mistakes I did, and happy Gold Making.