This is me hanging out with a couple of friends of mine. Yeah I'm a Ho!
Keredria from Tree of Life wants to know more about bloggers, and I thought I would oblige. Plus talking about myself is one of my favorite things to do, cause well I am an Attention Whore. Why do you think I play a Mage?
1. How long have you been blogging? What made you start? Who inspired you?
Well I started reading video game blogs some time ago such as Tobold, and Greedy Goblin. I through my hat into blogging just for myself on a personal blog, Chaotic Ramblings back in March of 2008. Then when Warhammer Online came out I thought it was a new game what a perfect time to get in on the ground floor, so Way of the Chosen came out. I got the Blogging bug from an old friend of mine who sadly doesn’t blog as much as she used to, but here’s her blog.
2. About how many hours a week would you estimate you spend on your blog?
I’d say no more then 3-5 hours a week.
3. What kind of experience or background do you have with writing?
Writing is more of a hobby for me, Poetry, and short stories are more my fortay. By trade I’m a computer techie guy.
4. Talk about how you come up with blog topics. Where do you get your ideas? What or who inspires you? Where and/or how do your brainstorming?
Some days are rougher then others to come up with topics. I usually get my topics from actually playing, or another blogger scratches the surface of something, and I like to delve deeper into that topic. I like going places no one else wants or dares to go, from playing the devils advocate, to championing a cause no one wants to touch. I like making people step out of the box.
5. Do you have any blogging rules or guidelines you follow? Is there anything you will not blog about?
I have one rule. Only One penis per sexual encounter, and that penis is mine. Other then that I don’t really have any rules or guidelines. Ok I do have one rule…Honesty. Honesty to the reader, and Honesty to self as well, when I’m wrong…I’m wrong. I am human. I don’t censor my comments, cause I love the asshats. Well I do censor spam, cause really I don’t want to subject my readers to making their penis bigger. We all know my readers have the hugest penises in the gaming community.
6. Do you have any sort of a publishing schedule in terms of day of week or topic? Where do you do your writing?
I try to post once a day. My only reoccuring post on HLL is the Weekly Lagout which is like the week in review, and a peek at what’s coming up. I do most of my writing at work, cause as a techie, if everything is working right, I don’t have alot to do.
7. How many drafts of potential blog posts do you have right now? In what medium do you draft your posts? How often do you completely scratch or delete drafts or blog post ideas?
I don’t draft, I write from the hip like a gunslinger. Once in awhile I catch errors and correct them after I publish them. I feel that’s the best way for me. It’s more like I’m talking to my readers then writing to them. I liken it to, were at a bar and were talking about video games and MMO’s then me just sitting here writing the next opus of Video Game Blogosphere.
8. If you had to leave your blog in your will to another blogger, who would you choose? To ask this in a slightly less morbid way, are there other blogs that you feel are similar to yours in content, style, or voice?
No grave can hold me, I made pacts with the Dark Gods, and will attain Lichdom soon. But if I had to pick someone no one person could replace me, but I would like to split up the duties. Shadow,and Arioch probably fit my writing style, funny, witty, and to the point. Not saying other bloggers aren’t awesome, but when I read their stuff it’s like hearing me talk. Which scares me cause Arioch is a chick, and I wonder what the effect of wearing a dress has on me from playing a Mage in WoW for 5 years has done to me.
9. Has anything surprised you since you started blogging?
Just the sense of community these bloggers have, I thought it was going to be me against the world when I first started, but everyone is so great. Also the topics when I’m thinking are so great, so insightful never get comments, and the stuff I write that I think is stupid gets the most attention. The masses they be fickle.
10. What are your goals or plans for your blog going forward? Any specific goals or plans for your blog in 2010?
Yes, I have some plans. HLL is poised to take over North America, I have cracked the launch codes, and am pointing the missiles at strategic sites right now. Seriously though I’m a fly by the seat type of guy, I just hope to continue making people think, and entertain people at the same time. One of my goals I am really looking into is finding celebrities that play MMO’s and get their take on things. I find that topic interesting. Other then that 2010 is going to be an awesome year on the MMO path, with Star Trek, Star Wars, Maybe WoW: Cataclysm, and so much more.