Yeah last I looked Blizzard was out to make money, and lots of it. I don’t begrudge them at all for doing what they do. The Sparkly Horse debate rages on. Here is my thoughts. It’s just that a Sparkly Horse, you don’t need one, you don’t have to spend 25 bucks. If they up the subscription fee, hey I can quit playing. World of Warcraft does not rule my life, it’s a game I enjoy playing…for now.
Do I need a sparkly horse, hell no. I’m Forsaken Biotch, I wouldn’t be caught dead (or undead for that matter) on one of those things. It ain’t ugly enough, and it sure ain’t mean enough. I do not want my enemies to shout, “Here comes Rivzon riding his Sparkly Horse!!” Not really fear inspiring.
I do support this though, instead of getting a vanity pet, put your money to better use. Donate to a charity, or spend it on someone special. As for me, there’s a round of drinks for my friends at the local tavern. I really like this post, and agree with it.
That being said, I am as vain as the next guy what would I pay for.
1. A Dragon that spews an actual breath weapon, and is meaner looking, I love proto-drakes, they are ugly and hideous. The breath weapon need not do damage, just cosmetic. I hate regular dragon tails in this game too, they look like Pine cones, or corn cobs. Get rid of that.
2. A Demon Horse – Sort of like a mix between a warlock horse, and a pegasi. Remember Venger from the Old D&D Cartoons, what he rode was awesome. Let me get my Venger on, you got my 25 bucks.
3. Undead Giant – I thought it was cool, those quests where you rode a giant, or he held you and walked. How cool would that be, bonus if they let you choose where you sit. Or if the Giant held your friends while you rode his shoulder.
As for Pets. XT is a whiny little bitch. Here’s my idea of some cool pets.
1. Lil Ragnaros - Yeah they got a little fire elemental pet, but I would pay for one that said “By Fire be Purged” when you clicked on him, and other cool lines from the script. I would pay alot.
2. Lil’ Illiden - He would fly around your head, and say things like, “You are not prepared” and “Sometimes the hand of fate needs to be moved”
3.Lil Sylvanas – That you can get naked, and have her sing on command.. I’d so pay for that…..*drool* What? Oh Nevermind.
Bottomline this whole argument reminds me the last line of the movie, The Devils Advocate where Al Pacino says, “Vanity, definitely my favorite sin.”