My Top 5 RPG’s of Yesteryear
So I saw an article from Gameskinny, about top 10 RPG’s of yesteryear. I was angry at first, I was like yeah some of the RPG’s are pretty damn good, but where are some of the epic classics. Then I realized it was the writers favorite, hence the ‘MY’, after which I decided I need to post MY Favorite RPG’s of Yesteryear.
MY FAVORITE RPG’S OF YESTERYEAR
5. Might And Magic – A Successor to Bard’s Tale with better graphics, and a larger amount of ground to explore.
4. Ultima III- This Whole Series is instrumental in RPG history, but 3 I think really nailed it, better mechanics, and plot devices.
3. Wasteland – The first apocalyptic RPG, and I loved every minute of it. Fallout is the spiritual successor to this game, which I never got into.
2. Bard’s Tale – This is my first RPG. I spent hours upon hours with this game. The whole series rocked. It was a god send, cause I LOVED Dungeon and Dragons but no one I knew played.
1. Pool of Radiance – The Gold Box Series was a god send. I loved the Forgotten Realms setting, and here I was playing it. This is, and will be my top RPG for now and ever.
Honorable Mention – Not really a RPG, but I loved it just the same. Defender of The Crown. Jousting, Besieging Castles, and Winning Wenches. What else is there not to love.