Is Multiboxing Wrong?
As I am reading this thread some things I have to ponder
Lets get some things up on the desk. I use an addon called Oqueue which connects be to others who PvP. I love it, it kind of revitalized the game for me. This addon was created by a multiboxer. Blizzard disabled the /follow command in battlegrounds, which really hindered multiboxers. In reaction the person who created this addon, and supports may no longer do that.
The real question at hand is Multiboxing wrong?
Couple points I want to make….
1. Is it wrong? – No. Why didn’t Blizzard make against the ToS. Clearly botting is wrong, so if they don’t like multiboxing just say so from the start. Clearly Blizzard doesn’t take too much umbrage from Multiboxers or they would of stopped it from the start. If they also thought it was so wrong, why only stop follow in BG’s or Instances, and not everywhere.
2. Is it unfair? No…I’m a healer who gets focused fires and dies..alot. So what is the difference between ganked by 5 toon run by 5 people, or 5 toons run by one….Nothing in my book.
3. Is it the easy way? - No. I think leveling up 5 toons, gettine them all geared then learning how to do it all….is not the easy way out for sure.
4. Is this a victory over Bots? - No, I would rather have one person running 5 toons, then 1 person and 4 bots. I think that’s why this is not a victory removing follow over the bots, it helps them to create more space in Random BG’s. Also I know Bots, and Bots work…don’t ask me how, that’s a tale for another time. I will say this Bots that use follow are very rare, and if they use follow they will be caught very quickly. Most good botting programs use things like pathing, or collision detection.
5. Can Role Players still follow each other in taverns? - Yes…and that’s why I’m pissed about this whole subject.
Seriously though I never had that much issue with multiboxers, I would just take my lickings and move on which for me is few and far between. Let them spend their 75 bucks a month, and enjoy the game how they want, and I’ll enjoy my game how I want. Though I don’t multibox….now that I see so many people hate it I might start multiboxing, and make some people cry.