Cataclysm now less Cataclysmic
What was going to rip the world of WoW asunder, and be cataclysmic might just be a little rumble and business as usual. After reading Larisa and Syp. It got me thinking as to why I play WoW, and what I am looking for in Cataclysm.
Why do I, and have I played this game for 5+ years?
1. People - I came to WoW not only because I love World of Warcraft RTS, cause I do. It’s cause alot of my old guildies from DAOC came across, and I just keep making new friends, and having fun with them.
2. Ease of Use – I can hop on, and do a Strat run in 30 minutes,a quick Wintergrasp, or even a quick random Dungeon or BG. Doesn’t have to be a huge time commitment.
3. Humor- There’s a little humor built into, and even poking fun of the kiddies, and noobs is kind of fun. Like the other day someone yelled “Looking for a 3 person mount?” It struck as odd, but I couldn’t resist….I yelled back, “Your Mom!” Though the quests are sometimes funny, and once in awhile I come across a little easter egg, and laugh.
4. Investment – Now I invested so much into WoW, and my toon. I’m like near top of my game. I’m not the best, I know that, but I am no slouch either. I pull 5k dps with Frost…that’s mad skillz.
5. Gold - I like the AH game a bit. I like finding things to make gold on, and making it. I came to the Horde in April with 500 gold, now I’m closing in on 20k…and to me that’s pretty damn cool, but I want more. Gevlon would be proud, I enjoy earning gold, and though I’m not an inscriptionist, I still do pretty well for myself.
What do I expect from Cataclysm -
1. New and More people to do more stuff – Good thing about expansions, people take interest again. Right now my guild is scrapping for people to put together raids.
2. New places to explore - I guess I am a little bit of an explorer, I appreciate the hard work devs do to build this world, and I enjoy taking a look around, and seeing what they did. Now that I’m 80, I love roaming old, low level dungeons to look at things I missed, the little details. I run Strat daily almost, but I am always finding something new, like “oh there’s a book I can read there”
3. New chance to try something different- I am leveling a pally tank, and I just may go back to my tanking roots
4. New adventures - I’m on a newer server, with new friends…I’m looking forward in facing the new content with them.
5. New Toys – Yeah they took away Path of the Titans, but there’s going to be some new toys to play with, especially with mages, and the time stop thing.
So yea Blizzard back tracked a bit, but I’m still looking forward to the expansion.