Ok I liked playing Horde, there’s a certain amount of pride in being horde. To be honest though ever since those woosy Blood Elves came along the Horde lost some of the awesomeness it once was. Larisa had a post about Alliance Pride, and a Battlecry for the Alliance. It got me thinking. There is no Alliance Pride really. I was thinking why is that. Well lets clear something up first.The Alliance is not “good” – If you look at the Lore, Alliance did some pretty nasty stuff. Orc Concentration Camps? Hello! Evil as it comes! When Arthas was still Alliance, him and his men killed everyone in Stratholme. Both sides, The Horde, and Alliance both have their dark chapters. I find that pretty cool.
As an ex hordie, I feel the problem lies in this.
1. Maturity – Alot of younger people play alliance because they like the cute, or prettiness of Alliance, and or identify with being human. Lack of maturity means more problems amongst our own.
2. Greed- It seems the Alliance is chock full with Greedie mofos. The Horde seem to help each other out more, thus creating a bond amongst each other.
3. Not the underdog – When Horde was outnumbered alot, it created an us vs them attitude, and created a strong bond amongst hordlings as well.
4. No cohesion – First sign of trouble seems like Alliance turn on each other quickly.
Those are the problems, but some promising things I like about the Alliance that give me hope.
1. Wrynn’s Hatred for the Horde – In the past Alliance really didn’t Hate the Horde enough, and it showed through are leadership. Wrynn though hates the horde, and it’s starting to show in the rank and file.
2. Better Equipped - Like Swarms of Insects we have the numbers to keep prices down on AH, and also to get things done. Thus making our troops more well equipped. Though as we all know Skill > Gear. But Gear doesn’t hurt.
3. Less Apathy these days – Though the Alliance are mostly a bunch of smartass, and apathetic mofo’s. I’ve seen things get better in terms of defending Stormwind, and winning BG’s more and more
Do I have Alliance Pride? Not exactly. I am a vessal of hate, whether I play Horde, or Alliance. I like to kill stuff. There are times you can see my mage alone standing in front of Tarren Mill, waiting to take on all comers. Not for any silly notion of Pride, for the simple fact of destruction for destructions sake. It’s more of an arrogance thing with me as well. If I see a fellow alliance getting attacked, I think to myself “How dare this scum attack a member of the Alliance” Like it’s a personal insult. Also I’m insane, so it matters what kind of mood I am in. There’s Horde I let live…just for giggles, or I was pressed for time. Then there’s the horde I kill just because were out in the middle of nowhere, and I derive pleasure thinking their cursing my name that they have to walk now.
Yes the Alliance needs a Battlecry. Here are some Suggestions-
1. Unleash Hell! -From Gladiator Fame, “On my mark, Unleash Hell”
2. Uncouth Scum! -I like the idea that Alliance are arrogant bastards, and this warcry denotes that.
3. Alliance Above All! – Again more arrogance.
4.All for One! One for All! - Yeah stolen from the Musketeers, but I like the sound of it.
5. The Alliance Protects! – I don’t know about this one, it seems cool, but also a little too goody, goody.